Health Policy Analysis Institutes: Landscaping and Learning from Experience
In order to help it consider how best to target its efforts to support the capacity development of health policy & systems analysis and national health policy formation in developing countries, the Rockefeller Foundation endowed USD 150,000 to the Alliance in 2009. The Alliance embarked on a "landscaping study" of health policy institutes, coordinating 6 country case studies in the process.
The following links provide direct access to the projects profiles.
- A Case Study on the Centre for Health and Social Services (CHESS), Ghana.
- India Case Study: The Institute of Health System (IHS), Hyderabad, India
- The case of the Health Economics Unit in South Africa
- Case study of Uganda’s Policy Analysis Unit in the Ministry of Health
- The case study of Health Strategy and Policy Institute of Viet Nam