Criteria for Survey
To be included in this database, studies should be:
- Conducted in a developing country setting.
- Focus on health policy and systems research.
Health policy and systems research (HPSR) is defined broadly as the production of new knowledge to improve how societies organize themselves to achieve health goals. The World Health Organization defines a health system as all organizations, people, and actions whose primary purpose is to promote, restore or maintain health, and identifies six main building blocks of healthcare systems:
- Service Delivery;
- Information and Evidence;
- Medical Products and Technology;
- Health Workforce;
- Health Financing;
- Leadership and Governance.