Archives of the Office International d'Hygiène Publique (OIHP)
- Reference code : ARC001
- Title : Records of the Office International d'Hygiène Publique (OIHP)
- Date(s) : 1907-1946
- Level of description : Fonds
- Extent and medium : 10 linear cm, microfilms - 30 linear cm, paper
- Accruals : No
- Conditions governing access : Open for consultation subject to the deadlines and restrictions in force at WHO
- Conditions governing reproduction : The archives are subject to WHO author's copyright.
- Finding aids : Paper inventory
- Rules or conventions : Descriptive note in conformity with ISAD(G) norm
The Office International d'Hygiène Publique (OIHP) was created under the Arrangements signed in Rome on 9 December 1907 and was governed by the authority of the Permanent Committee composed of Delegates technically qualified in the field of health, designated by the Member States. Responsibilities of the Office were the administration of the international sanitary conventions, the service of epidemiological intelligence and collection and dissemination to Member States of information of general public health importance.
The Office was dissolved under the Protocol provided for OIHP in the Arrangements signed on 22 July 1946. Its epidemiological service was officially transferred to the Interim Commission of WHO on 1 January 1947.
This fonds is mainly made up of maritime health certificates, deratting certificates, correspondence with countries concerning the 1907 Rome arrangement, the Inter Allied Health Commission and administrative documents (contributions, staff regulations, ...). The health certificates are kept in paper form while the administrative documents are on microfilm.