Photographic Archives, Sub-fonds Photographers
- Reference code : ARC012-2
- Title : Photographic Archives, Sub-fonds Photographers
- Date(s) : 1951-1994
- Level of description : Sub-fonds
- Extent and medium : 22 linear m, paper
- Accruals : No
- Conditions governing access : Open for consultation subject to the deadlines and restrictions in force at WHO
- Conditions governing reproduction : The archives are subject to WHO author's copyright.
- Finding aids : Paper inventory, electronic inventory
- Rules or conventions : Descriptive notice in conformity with ISAD(G) norm
List - classified by photographer
List - classified by subject
List - classified by country
List - classified by date
In 2005, the work files of photographers sent to the field by WHO to cover health topics such as malaria, poliomyelitis and tuberculosis were officially transferred to the archives.
These files are made up of the unedited work of some of the great names in photography, such as Marc Riboud, Robert Doisneau and David Seymour.
They include the negatives, contact plates, correspondence, travel notes and texts accompanying the photographs taken in different countries by these photographers.
This sub-fonds is of inestimable value; not only does it cover health topics in specific countries, it also represents the raw work of photographers in the field, before WHO chose the photographs represented in sub-fonds 1.
The files are currently being organized.