Archives of the Parasitology Collection of the Communicable Diseases Documentation Centre at WHO Headquarters
- Reference code : ARC007
- Title : Collection on Parasitology (Malaria, Trypanosomiasis, Schistosomiasis, Onchocerciasis, General parasitology) of the Documentation Centre Communicable Diseases, WHO Headquarters
- Date(s) : 1911-
- Level of description : Fonds
- Extent and medium : 70 linear m, paper
- Accruals : Yes
- Conditions governing access : Open for consultation subject to the deadlines and restrictions in force at WHO
- Conditions governing reproduction : The archives are subject to WHO author's copyright.
- Finding aids : Paper inventory
- Rules or conventions : Descriptive note in conformity with ISAD(G) norm
This fonds, which was created by the Communicable Diseases Documentation Centre at WHO Headquarters, consists of documentary files made up of reports, articles and maps concerning control of parasitic diseases such as malaria, trypanosomiasis, schistosomiasis and onchocerciasis, as well as other less well-known diseases.
The documents are classified by parasitic disease. Within each disease, with some exceptions, a classification by each WHO Regional Office has been made, which is then subdivided by country. When it was in actual use, input for the collection was from documentalists and specialists in parasitology, who provided documents produced here at WHO or collected in the countries themselves.