Recent news from WHO
- A new global report on young people and road safety was released on 23 April. http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/publications/en
- WHO marked World Health Day on 7 April with a debate on health and security, and issued a report, Invest in health: build a safer future. http://www.who.int/world-health-day/files/2007/issuespaper_final_lowres_en.pdf
- WHO presented a blueprint for updated guiding principles on cell, tissue and organ donation and transplantation at a meeting of government officials, technical experts and nongovernmental organizations on 30 March.
- The Government of Indonesia announced it would resume the sharing of H5N1 avian influenza virus samples with WHO following a meeting in Jakarta on 26 and 27 March.
- WHO and UNAIDS recommended on 28 March that male circumcision should be considered as part of a comprehensive package to prevent HIV infection.
For more about these and other WHO news items please see: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/events/2007/en/index.html