Meeting global immunization challenges
When : 10:30-12:00 CET
Where : Geneva, Switzerland
Watch and listen to global experts talking about how, collectively, the global community can make sure that people all over the world, even in the most hard-to-reach areas, have access to all the vaccines they need.
During the 90-minute session, hosted by WHO, UNICEF, the GAVI Alliance, the Permanent Mission of Sweden to the UN, the Permanent Mission of Senegal to the UN and PATH, international experts will explain how World Immunization Week is being celebrated by national authorities and partners worldwide to increase awareness of the value of vaccination.
They will also highlight how the Global Vaccine Action Plan and Global Action Plan for Prevention and Control of Pneumonia and Diarrhoea will help countries make further progress in protecting all people at risk from vaccine-preventable diseases. Presentations will be followed by a question and answer session.
- Dr Flavia Bustreo, Assistant Director-General, Family, Women’s and Children’s Health, World Health Organization
- Dr Bruce Aylward, Assistant Director-General, Polio, Emergencies and Country Collaboration, World Health Organization
- Dr Seth Berkley, CEO, GAVI Alliance
- Dr Leila Pakkala, Director of Private Fundraising and Partnerships, UNICEF
- Ambassador Fodé Seck, Permanent Representative of Senegal to the United Nations in Geneva
- Ms Katarina Martholm Fried, Counsellor, Permanent Mission of Sweden to the United Nations in Geneva
- Mr Andy Seale, Director of Advocacy and Communications, Vaccine Access and Delivery Program, PATH