Environmental threats to the health of children in the Americas
Regional workshop, Lima, Peru, 9-13 April 2003
The objectives of the workshop were:
- Identify urgent actions to make immediate, positive impacts in children's environmental health and empower communities to act at the local level.
- Prepare a regional overview of the situation of children's environmntal health based on a collection of basic information at the country level.
- Form groups of experts to increase collaboration on research that supports the field of children's environmental health in the Americas.
- Specify PAHO and country participation in the international core children's environmental health indicators initiative.
- Promote commitment on the part of participants to encourage countries to develop national action plans on children's environmental health.
- The workshop was the Region's initial response to the World Summit on Sustainable Development call for a global Healthy Environments for Children Alliance.