Global Forum on Chronic Diseases Prevention and Control
Together in global action: Africa, Europe, South-East Asia, the Americas, the Eastern Mediterranean, the Western Pacific
Areas of work
- Raise awareness for NCD and ensure that NCD prevention is placed on the agenda of health care policy.
- Facilitate countries to develop national integrated NCD prevention and control programmes, including surveillance activities and demonstration projects.
- Promote the development of regional networks of community-based NCD prevention programmes, and promote collaboration and coordination of NCD prevention and control activities within and between WHO Regions.
- Link regional networks and international partners into the Global Forum to promote collaboration for NCD prevention and control.
- Encourage dissemination of scientific and implementation knowledge, exchange experience and best practices.
- Develop guidance package for NCD prevention and control.
- Stimulate training and capacity building.
- Establish pools of institutions and experts to provide expertise.