Global school-based student health survey (GSHS) capacity building and training
On-going capacity building and support is provided by WHO and CDC
Capacity building includes
- help with sample design and selection
- training of Survey Coordinators and progamme planners
- provision of survey implementation handbooks and other materials;
- provision and scanning of computer-scannable answer sheets
- data editing and weighting
- provision/facilitation of funding and resources to assist countries.
About the workshops
Two workshops are provided to specially selected Survey Coordinators from each participating country. The first workshop builds the capacity of Survey Coordinators to implement the survey in their country following common sampling and survey administration procedures that ensure the surveys are standardized and comparable across countries and that data are of the highest quality. The second workshop, conducted after the field work is complete, builds the capacity of Survey Coordinators to conduct data analysis and generate a country-specific report and fact sheet using Epi-Info software provided to them.