What is eSTEPS?
eSTEPS is a suite of software that allows for the preparation and implementation of data collection using Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs).
Why use eSTEPS?
As a PDA-based data collection tool, eSTEPS provides the following benefits:
- immediate error-checking during data collection
- fewer materials to be carried by data collectors
- no data entry needed.
The eSTEPS Installation Guide and User Manual are provided below. The Installation Guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to install eSTEPS and all required supporting software. The User Manual explains how to use all 3 components of the eSTEPS software suite.
The following resources are also provided below:
- all software required to support eSTEPS
- eSTEPS software
- STEPS Instrument Version 2.1 questionnaire (.qml) file
- Excel file to assist in appending Kish data.
Note: eSTEPS is only available for the Windows Mobile operating system. It will not work on the Palm operating system.