EpiData Software and Templates
EpiData is a the software used by STEPS for data entry. Please follow the directions below when downloading EpiData.
- Download EpiData by clicking on the EpiData link.
- Save the file to C:\STEPS\software.
- Go to and open the folder C:\STEPS\software and click on "setup_epidata.exe".
- Click "yes" on the dialog box that says you will install the programme. Click "Next" on the welcome screen to continue installation.
- Read the licensing screen and click "I accept the agreement" and click "Next".
- An installation programme will start, when prompted to select a destination directory make sure the location is "C:\Program Files\EpiData". Click "Next".
- Click "Don't create a start menu folder". Click "Next".
- Select "Create a Desktop icon" and "Automatic filed naming" from the Select Additional Tasks page. Click "Next".
- Review the information on the Ready to install screen. If the information is correct click "Install" if it is incorrect use the "Back" button to correct the information.
DATA ENTRY TEMPLATES
The templates provide the generic code used during data entry that matches the STEPS Instrument. These templates are only available for version 2.0 of the STEPS Instrument.
- Select the file which is appropriate for your site, based on the selected steps, from the three options below (EpiData Template Set A-C).
- Save the file to C:\STEPS\data.
- Open the C:\STEPS\data folder and double click the Epi Data zip file.
- The zip file will open up and display many files. Highlight these files/folders and copy them. Close the zip folder and copy these files directly into C:\STEPS\data.
Select the file that matches your Instrument
- Completed Steps 1 and 2
:: EpiData Template Set A
:: EpiData Template Set A - PanAm
- Completed Steps 1, 2 and 3 (Step 3 data collected along with data for Steps 1 and 2)
:: EpiData Template Set B
:: EpiData Template Set B - PanAm
- Completed Steps 1, 2 and 3 (Step 3 data collected separately)
:: EpiData Template Set C
:: EpiData Template Set C - PanAm
EpiData is released by the EpiData Association. For general information on the EpiData Software please visit the EpiData website.