Epi Info Software
To check and analyse the STEPS surveillance data, the STEPS team recommends and supports using Epi Info. Epi Info is a free software package developed by the United States of America Centers for Disease Control which allows users to:
- check the survey data for outliers and inconsistent data
- conduct a descriptive analysis of survey data
- easily generate output files from the analysis.
Follow the instructions below to download and install Epi Info.
- Download Epi Info by clicking on the "Epi Info 3.5.4" link below.
- Save the file to C:\STEPS\software.
- Go to and open the folder C:\STEPS\software and click on "setup.exe".
- Click "Next" on the Welcome to Epi Info 3.5.4 screen.
- Click Next on the Destination folder screen, you should use the default C:\Epi_Info.
- Click "Next" on the selected features screen.
- Click "Next" on the ready to install screen.
- If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you should also download and install the DHTML Editing Control for Applications. It is free from Microsoft.
For more information on Epi Info, please visit the Epi Info homepage.