WHO-FIC Network Meetings
WHO-FIC Network meetings are held annually for a week at the end of October. The host centre is responsible for convening and chairing the meeting. Participants are expected to fund and make their own arrangements for attending the meeting.
Following an opening ceremony, the conduct of business includes:
- Opening plenary session to confirm the agenda, the Chairs and Rapporteurs for the meeting and includes the Annual Reports of Committees, Work Groups and WHO Secretariat.
- Working meetings for each of the Committees and work groups are run in parallel
- Scientific plenary sessions
- Plenary sessions for reports from the working meetings
- Ad hoc meetings to progress specific WHO-FIC tasks during the meeting.
- Plenary sessions to discuss and endorse the essential business of the Network
- Final sessions to endorse the Strategy and Work plan for the forthcoming year, the report of the meeting and to confirm or nominate Chairs for the WHO-FIC Committees
Papers are posted on the host centre web-site ten working days prior to the meeting. It is the responsibility of participants to make their own copies of the papers.
By the end of December following the meeting, the final report and the papers will be included on this page.
- WHO-FIC Network Meeting:13- 19 October 2012, Brasilia, Brazil
WHO-FIC Network Meeting:
29 October - 6 November 2011, Cape Town,
- WHOFIC meeting in Toronto, Canada 2010
- WHOFIC meeting in Seoul, Republic of Korea 2009
- WHOFIC meeting in New Delhi, India 2008
- WHO-FIC meeting in Trieste, Italy 2007
- WHO-FIC meeting in Tunis, Tunisia 2006
- WHO-FIC meeting in Tokyo, Japan 2005
- WHO-FIC meeting in Reykjavik, Iceland 2004
- WHO-FIC meeting in Cologne, Germany 2003
- WHO-FIC meeting in Brisbane, Australia meeting 2002
- WHO-FIC meeting in Bethesda, USA 2001
- WHO-FIC Meeting in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 2000
1998 Paris meeting report
1997 Copenhagen meeting report
1996 Tokyo meeting report