Collaborating Centres FAQs
1. What internet browsers can I use?
The browsers supported are Internet Explorer 7/ 8/ 9** with PCs only (Macs are not yet supported)
** If users access eCC using Internet Explorer 9 and the page is not loaded correctly, please go to “Tools” menu > select “Compatibility View”. The page will then refresh and be loaded correctly. Please note that they can select the compatibility view when the login page is loaded.
2. How do I access the system?
Whenever an action is required in the system (either to complete or revise a re/designation form or submit an annual report), the (proposed) head(s) of the WHO collaborating centre will receive an email with link to the WHO Portal web site, and their username and a password (see example below).
Click on the link provided in the email to open the WHO CC Portal web site or find it under http://www.who.int/whocc (Portal tab). Enter your CC reference number (e.g. DEN-63) and click on the "Search" button. Review what action is required (e.g. to complete a designation form, as in the example below). Click on the link provided to open the designation form, and enter your username and password to access.
3. I get a 'Login Failure' message. "My Local Engine: Login Failed. Invalid username or password".
Your password or username entered is incorrect. Try to copy and paste the login credentials that you receive in your email, into the appropriate fields. Make sure you do not copy any space before the password.
4. I get a "This session is locked down. Too many unsuccessful attempts" message.
You have typed in the incorrect username or password more than 3 times. Close your Web browser, open a new one, and click on the portal link in again. You can copy and paste the login credentials that you receive in your email, into the appropriate fields.
5. I submitted the form and I can no longer access the system.
This is normal. The username and password that you received in the email allow you to access the system when your action is required. Once the form is submitted to WHO, they become inactive.
6. Can the forms be completed in several sessions?
Yes. The "Save" button at the button of each form will allow you to save the details in the form. But remember, once the form is completed, you have to submit it to WHO by selecting the Submission tab before leaving. If you complete the form in several sessions, please do not forget to submit the form! Once submitted, no further changes are possible, unless the form is returned to you by the responsible officer.
7. How do I know whether the form has been correctly submitted?
You will receive a confirmation email immediately after submitting it. The information in the WHO CC Portal web site under “Required Action” will also indicate that no action is currently required.
8. My Collaborating Centre is approaching the end of the designation period. What should I do?
Please contact the Responsible Officer for your WHO Collaborating Centre at WHO. You can find details in the WHO Portal web site or global database http://www.who.int/whocc .
9. Twelve months have passed since my Collaborating Centre was last re/designated and I have received no email asking for annual reports.
Please contact the Responsible Officer for your WHO Collaborating Centre at WHO and check whether the email address of the head of your centre in the WHO database is correct http://www.who.int/whocc .
10. When completing the redesignation form, I noticed that the 'Terms of Reference' are the old terms of reference for the centre.
This is a default setting of the system. You have access to edit the terms of reference as required.
11. I am having difficulty adding, editing, deleting an activity in the “Workplan” section of the re/designation form.
To add a new activity, simply complete all activity fields and click “Save Activity”. To edit an activity, first select the activity ID from the dropdown menu, click “Select”, make your changes in the activity fields, and click “Save Activity”. To delete an activity, select the activity ID from the dropdown menu, click “Select”, and click “Delete Activity”. To see all added activities, use the Workplan Overview. Here you can also find the activity ID for each entered activity.
12.When I select Print, nothing happens or I get a pop up which turns white and does not do anything.
Please turn off your pop up blocker. In Internet Explorer select Tools, select Pop up Blocker, select Turn Off Pop up Blocker. If this does not help, check that you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader or another pdf reader installed.
13. What do I need to do if the re/designation form has been returned to me by the responsible officer?
There are three possible reasons why the re/designation form has been returned to you:
(1) The responsible officer or another reviewer is asking for clarification without the need to make changes in the form. His/her questions will appear in a pop up when you open the form or by clicking on the "View comments" button. To respond, go to the last tab "Submission", click “Accept without Changes”, enter your response in the comment field, and click on “Submit to WHO”.
(2) The responsible officer or another reviewer is requesting changes to be made to the form. His/her comments will appear in a pop up when you open the form or by clicking on the "View comments" button at the top of the form. To edit the form, go the “Submission” tab and click on “Make Changes”. This will open the form in editable format. Once you have made the desired changes, please go to the last part of the form "Submission" and click on "Add Notes and Submit" Enter any comments you wish to make, and click “Submit to WHO”.
(3) The responsible officer has made changes to the form, and would like you to approve it. Review all sections the form (the Institutional Profile cannot be edited by WHO staff) to understand the changes made, and go to the last part "Submission". If you agree, click on "Accept without Changes", enter any comments, and click “Submit to WHO”. If you don't agree, click on "Make Changes" to open the form in an editable format. After introducing your changes, go to the “Submission” tab, click “Add Notes and Submit”, enter your comments and click “Submit to WHO”.
14. How do I submit my re/designation form?
You will find the button to submit the form in the “Submission” tab of the form. If the form is not complete, you cannot submit, and the text box will provide a detailed description of where to find mandatory form fields that have not been filled.
15. I cannot modify the activities in the Annual Report form that I received.
Activities cannot be edited as these were the workplan activities that were agreed between your institution and WHO at the time of designation. If any of these are no longer relevant, please say so in the box underneath the specified activity. All fields in grey are read-only and cannot be updated.
16. The form does not allow me to copy and paste the details in.
Normally, the form allows to copy and paste text originally written in a different software. However, there are certain formatting items such as bullet points, tables or tabs from Microsoft Word that may not be recognized. Therefore, if you need to use bullet points, use the character '-' instead which can be found on your keyboard. Remove any tabs and replace them with simple spaces instead.
The easiest way to solve formatting problems is by copying the information from your Microsoft Word document, into a Notepad document which you will find in Programs > Accessories > Notepad.
17. Are annual reports due at the end of the calendar year? How do we upload them?
Each year on the anniversary of your designation (ie the date indicated in the official letter sent by the Regional Director) as a WHO collaborating centre, you will receive an automated email request to report on the progress made on the activities as agreed in the workplan and stated in the letter of designation.
Annual reports are automatically requested via email on the anniversary date. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, providing a username, a password and a Web link with instructions.
18. I have just submitted an annual report, why am I receiving another request?
Whenever a centre delays in submitting a report, the previously requested report must still be submitted.
19. Our WHOCC has just been redesignated, why am I receiving a request for an annual report?
If your institution has been redesignated, you will still be required to submit the annual report of the last twelve months of your previous designation. This "last" annual report is due on the expiry date which is identical to the start of a new period of designation for redesignated institutions.
20. How do I know if my form/report has been successfully submitted to WHO?
In order to submit your re/designation form, you will need to go to the submission part of the form and see if all mandatory fields have been filed in. If the form is not complete, you cannot submit, and the text box will provide a detailed description of where to find mandatory form fields that have not been filled (see FAQ 14.).
For annual reports , the submit button is at the bottom of the form.
Note that saving the form/report will not submit it and it will remain with you.
Once the form/report is successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email from WHO.
Alternatively, you can check on the WHO portal is any action is pending.