Strengthening the global network of WHO Collaborating Centres working on communicable diseases
A searchable database of over 250 WHO collaborating centres (CCs) and laboratories working worldwide with CDS/CSR on epidemic viral, bacterial,parasitic and zoonotic diseases, emerging and drug resistant infections that:
- provides information on the centres’ capacities and expertise for laboratory
- diagnosis,diagnostic/reference reagents, epidemiology, research and training
- allows centres to update directly their information through the Internet
- can be queried online by CCs, WHO staff, Ministries of Health and public health workers.
To provide a single entry point to link all Collaborating Centres working on communicable diseases with each other and with the public health community.
What WHOCC_Net does
WHOCC_Net provides wide and rapid access to information:
- to improve surveillance activities and response to disease outbreaks
- to identify centres that can provide specific laboratory confirmation and commercially unavailable reagents, strains and cell lines
- to enhance regular and frequent exchange of information, specimens and reagents among centres and laboratories.