Structure and Global Team
The CSR Global Team
The team is made up of the CSR department in headquarters and focal points in each of the Regional Offices, working together, exchanging information, coordinating and implementing activities and planning for the future. Through the Internet, information is accessible:
- for the Americas (PAHO/AMRO), on communicable diseases, organized by topic.
- for Africa (AFRO), a section on emerging, re-emerging and other communicable diseases, and integrated disease surveillance
- for the Eastern Mediterranean (EMRO), specific country profiles
- for Europe (EURO),a section on communicable disease surveillance and response
- for South-East Asia (SEARO), surveillance and response in the region
- for the Western Pacific (WPRO), a cross-cutting focus on communicable diseases
CSR's partners in WHO
- 192 Member States of WHO
- The WHO global network, providing us with privileged access to countries:
- 6 Regional Offices
- 141 Country Offices and Liaison Offices
- Sub-regional teams
CSR at WHO Headquarters
WHO is organized into 9 clusters. Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response (CSR) is part of the the Communicable Disease Cluster.
WHO Department of Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response (CSR)
The Director's office, CSR/Lyon and the office Alert and Response Operations (ARO) is organised into core competencies each focused on a particular area.