Sustainable, energy efficient, health-facility design project using natural ventilation (natvent) for control of infection
A new Initiative to provide design guidance for low-cost infection prevention and control facilities
- Maximising outbreak preparedness in low-income countries with the provision or adaptation of health facilities.
- Minimising costs and emissions through appropriate and sustainable renovation and building of health facilities.
Well thought-out design guidance will assist health authorities in low-income countries with the provision or adaptation of isolation facilities, maximising outbreak preparedness, while minimising costs and emissions.
- Establish project network.
- Developing and presenting innovative designs.
- Testing designs, field assistance and modelling.
- Infection prevention and control facilities in low income countries.
- Promotion of low-cost, naturally-ventilated sustainable designs.
- Network of technical partners providing - free design guidance.
- Promotion of low-emission, sustainable buildings.
For more information: