WHO's role in Ebola training
WHO is coordinating Ebola response training with the United Nations Mission for Ebola Emergency Response (UNMEER) to help bring the Ebola virus disease outbreak under control. Many partners have been training personnel on the ground for several months.
WHO’s role is broader. The Organization has the responsibility for:
- providing scientifically sound advice and guidance to use in training;
- coordinating with and supporting training partners and governments;
- ensuring that trainings are of the required quality to respond to Ebola;
- working with UNMEER and partners to scale up training capacity on the ground; and
- designing and delivering pre-deployment training for any personnel going to work in the affected countries.