- Interregional meeting on prevention and control of plague, Antananarivo, Madagascar, 1-11 April 2006
- Plague Manual: Epidemiology, Distribution, Surveillance and Control - (French)
A publication particularly for front line health personnel, especially for those at the primary health care level. It presents information on the diagnosis and treatment of plague and a comprehensive review of the control of rodent reservoirs and flea vectors.
- Laboratory Manual of Plague Diagnostic Tests
A joint WHO-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) publication outlining how to isolate and identify Yersinia pestis, carry out serology tests, apply molecular techniques in plague diagnosis and prepare reagents.
- WHO Report on Global Surveillance of Epidemic-prone Infectious Diseases - Plague
The chapter on plague contains a background of the disease including a brief history, a short description of the transmission process, clinical features, and other characteristics of plague that are important for surveillance. The available data are described, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of the surveillance system. This is followed by a summary of plague trends and a concluding section. A list of reference documents and web pages are also available.
- Rare books on plague, smallpox and epidemiology
The Rare Book Collection in the WHO library consists largely of documentation on epidemics included in the International Sanitary Conventions such as: plague, cholera and yellow fever. In the collection, the oldest book on plague dates from 1507 while the oldest treatise on epidemiology was published in 1518.
- Disease Outbreak News: plague
- EPIDÉMIE DE PESTE PULMONAIRE DANS UN CAMP MINIER DE LA RÉPUBLIQUE DÉMOCRATIQUE DU CONGO : LE RÉVEIL BRUTAL D'UN VIEUX FLÉAU
Med Trop ,
2005; 65 : 511-514.
- Human plague in 2002 and 2003. Weekly Epidemiology Record, Vol. 79, 33, 2004.
Provides data and analysis on the total number of cases and deaths reported to WHO in 2002 and 2003.
- Human plague in 2000 and 2001. Weekly Epidemiology Record, Vol. 78, 16ol. 78, 16, 2003.
Provides data and analysis on the total number of cases and deaths reported to WHO in 2000 and 2001.
- Human plague in 1997. Weekly Epidemiology Record, Vol. 74, 41, 1999.
Provides data and analysis on the total number of cases and deaths reported to WHO in 1997.
- Human plague in 1998 and 1999. Weekly Epidemiology Record, Vol. 75, 42, 2000.
Provides data and analysis on the total number of cases and deaths reported to WHO in 1998 and 1999.