Cumulative Number of Reported Probable Cases of SARS
From: 1 Nov 20021 To: 25 June 2003, 17:00 GMT+2
|Country||Cumulative number of case(s)^2||Number of new cases since last WHO update^2||Number of deaths||Number recovered^3||Date last probable case reported||Date for which cumulative number of cases is current|
|China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region^6||1755||0||296||1419||11/Jun/2003||25/Jun/2003|
|China, Macao Special Administrative Region||1||0||0||1||21/May/2003||23/Jun/2003|
|Republic of Ireland||1||0||0||1||21/Mar/2003||12/Jun/2003|
|Republic of Korea||3||0||0||3||14/May/2003||23/Jun/2003|
Cumulative number of cases includes number of deaths.
As SARS is a diagnosis of exclusion, the status of a reported case may change over time. This means that previously reported cases may be discarded after further investigation and follow-up.
1. The start of the period of surveillance has been changed to 1 November 2002 to capture cases of atypical pneumonia in China that are now recognized as being cases of SARS.
2. A decrease in the number of cumulative cases and discrepancies in the difference between cumulative number of cases of the last and the current WHO update are attributed to the discarding of cases.
3. Includes cases who are "discharged" or "recovered" as reported by the national public health authorities.
4. The date of onset of the most recent probable SARS case in Canada was 12 June, the last date of isolation of a probable case SARS case was also June 12.
5. The date of onset of the most recent probable SARS case in China was 3 June, the last date of isolation of a probable case SARS case was also June 3.
6. One death attributed to Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China occurred in a case medically transferred from Viet Nam.