WHO collaborative network of clinicians for SARS diagnosis and treatment
WHO has established a network of clinicians from hospitals in the following countries and territories:
Canada; Germany; Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China; Singapore; Slovenia; Spain; Switzerland;Thailand; United Kingdom; Viet Nam.
The objectives of this initiative are to:
- compile case management data from all affected hospitals
- compare clinical, laboratory, x-ray and other findings
- develop an archive of x-ray pictures for comparative studies
- update the case definition and prepare guidance for clinical diagnosis
- develop treatment guidance including discharge criteria.
Diagnostic and treatment results and case management approaches from individual hospitals are exchanged and reviewed daily. Results are published immediately on the WHO web site.