Dengue control

Dengue/Severe dengue frequently asked questions

What should I do if I suspect I have dengue?

If you suspect you have dengue you need to see a doctor immediately. To diagnose dengue fever, your doctor will:

  • Evaluate your signs and symptoms;
  • Test your blood for evidence of a dengue virus;
  • Review your medical and travel history.

Persons who had travelled to dengue endemic countries during the past two weeks should inform the doctor about it.