Chagas test kit evaluations
Infection with Trypanosoma cruzi causing Chagas disease is mainly endemic in South and Latin America. Nevertheless, other parts of the world such as the USA and parts of Europe are considering testing all blood donations for T. cruzi due to migration of people from endemic areas and changing travel patterns (e.g.eco tourism).
Composition of the panel
Evaluations of test kits that are primarily produced in Latin America are carried out by the WHO Collaborating Centre, Fundação Pró-Sangue, São Paulo, Brazil on the WHO reference panel of serum/ plasma specimens collected from within the region.
A total of 18 tests have been evaluated, including 11 ELISAs, 7 agglutination tests. Four confirmatory assays, including an immunofluorescence, immunoblot, Western blot and radio-immunoprecipitation (RIPA) tests were used to characterise the panel.
The obtained data are being used for the development guidelines and appropriate testing strategies.
Request for Proposals
22 MARCH 2017
The Prequalification Team is publishing a request for proposals for consultancy services relating to - developing and maintaining the Quality Management Systems (QMS) and assuming the responsibility for on-going system maintenance and effectiveness of operations within the Prequalification Team.
The services required by the World Health Organization (WHO) are more fully described in the below attached Terms of Reference and Request for Proposals.
Proposals should be submitted to WHO in writing no later than 5 April 2017 at 17:00 hours Geneva time ("the closing date"), by email at the following address: email@example.com
- WHO list of prequalified in vitro diagnostic products
- Status of active applications to the prequalification of in vitro diagnostics
- Complaints and Product Alerts
- Streamlining of the Prequalification of Diagnostics
- WHO Prequalification of Male Circumcision Devices
- Procurement of in vitro diagnostics
- HIV incidence assay working group
- Information resources
- First WHO prequalified hepatitis C rapid test opens the door to expanded treatment
- Two cutting-edge technologies for HIV detection in infants receive WHO prequalification
- New! Alternative performance evaluation mechanism
- New! Sample product dossier for public comment
- New! Guidance for manufacturers for public comment
New! Change of WHO recommendations on malaria RDT procurement
G6PD Prequalification: Public Announcement to Stakeholders
Guidance for post-market surveillance