Frequently asked questions
CD4+T-Cell counting technology
- What are CD4+ T-cells?
- What is the CD4+ T-cell count?
- How are CD4+ T-cells enumerated?
Viral load testing
- What is HIV-1 Viral Load?
- How are CD4 and HIV viral load used?
- How is Viral Load measured?
- What is an ELISA test?
- What is a Simple/Rapid test?
- What is the difference between a ELISA and a Simple/Rapid test?
- What is a Confirmatory Assay?
- What is the "window-period" and how long is it?
Alternative specimens- whole blood, oral fluid & urine
- Is urine or saliva feasible to use as a source of HIV detection?
- WHO list of prequalified in vitro diagnostic products
- Status of active applications to the prequalification of in vitro diagnostics
- Alternative Performance Evaluation Mechanism
- Complaints and Product Alerts
- Streamlining of the Prequalification of Diagnostics
- WHO Prequalification of Male Circumcision Devices
- Procurement of in vitro diagnostics
- HIV incidence assay working group
- Information resources
Global public consultation on WHO prequalification of similar biotherapeutic products
News releases: 2017
- WHO prequalified first HIV Self-Test
- First WHO prequalified hepatitis C rapid test opens the door to expanded treatment
- Two cutting-edge technologies for HIV detection in infants receive WHO prequalification
New! Change of WHO recommendations on malaria RDT procurement
G6PD Prequalification: Public Announcement to Stakeholders
Guidance for post-market surveillance