Quality control samples
In order to assure that a test run is valid and results are reliable, Quality Control Samples should be used in the performance of each assay.
The Quality Control Samples should be treated in the exact same manner as the test samples and are used to validate the test run. Each laboratory should develop a criteria for run acceptance based on guidance from the manufacturer's kit insert and in-lab validation of an external QC sample.
- Kit Controls –the negative and positive control provided with the kit
- Quality Control Sample –a low positive externally produced sample
WHO's QC programmes
WHO Collaborating Centre, the National Serology Reference Laboratory, Australia produces and distributes HIV QC samples to laboratories in the South East Asian, Western Pacific and African regions.
WHO Collaborating Centre web sites
EBOLA IVD: Invitation to manufacturers
- Joint WHO-UNICEF-UNFPA Meeting with Manufacturers and Suppliers of Diagnostic Products, Finished Pharmaceutical Products, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Vaccines, 22-25 September 2014 - UN City, Copenhagen, Denmark
- WHO list of prequalified in vitro diagnostic products
- Status of active applications to the prequalification of in vitro diagnostics
- Complaints and Product Alerts
- Streamlining of the Prequalification of Diagnostics
- WHO Prequalification of Male Circumcision Devices
- Procurement of in vitro diagnostics
- HIV incidence assay working group
- Information resources