Quality control samples
In order to assure that a test run is valid and results are reliable, Quality Control Samples should be used in the performance of each assay.
The Quality Control Samples should be treated in the exact same manner as the test samples and are used to validate the test run. Each laboratory should develop a criteria for run acceptance based on guidance from the manufacturer's kit insert and in-lab validation of an external QC sample.
- Kit Controls –the negative and positive control provided with the kit
- Quality Control Sample –a low positive externally produced sample
WHO's QC programmes
WHO Collaborating Centre, the National Serology Reference Laboratory, Australia produces and distributes HIV QC samples to laboratories in the South East Asian, Western Pacific and African regions.
WHO Collaborating Centre web sites
Circonstances et modalités d’utilisation des tests d’infection récente pour estimer l’incidence de l’infection à HIV au niveau d’une population.
When and how to use assays for recent infection to estimate HIV incidence at a population level
HIV Rapid Assays: Operational Characteristics Report 16
- View all documents
- WHO Prequalification of Medicines, Diagnostics and Vaccines: 6th Consultative Meeting with Stakeholders, 4-5 April 2011
- WHO Technical Working Group Meeting on CD 4 Technologies,17 -19 November 2009
- WHO Technical Working Group Meeting on Prequalification of HIV Virological Technologies, 21-23 September 2009
- View all events