External quality assessment schemes for HIV, HBsAg and HCV serology
Four WHO regional External Quality Assessment Schemes (EQAS) for HIV, HBsAg and HCV serology are operational in:
- Africa (anglophone)
- Africa (francophone)
- South East Asia
- Western Pacific
EQAS are planned to commence in the Americas soon.
A total of approximately 130 reference laboratories and blood transfusion services receive proficiency panels at regular intervals to monitor their performance.
In addition, information is collected regarding the type and brands of test kits used and the testing strategies adopted.
Summary reports on each distribution are produced and impartial analysis conducted. Assistance is provided to laboratories with substandard performance.
Countries are encouraged to establish their own national EQAS using WHO guidelines for assistance.
Organising EQAS Guidelines for HIV Serological Testing
HBV panel March 2008 EQAS report
HBV panel October 2008 EQAS report
HCV panel March 2008 EQAS report
HCV panel October 2008 EQAS report
HIV panel March 2008 EQAS report
HIV panel October 2008 EQAS report
WHO Collaborating Centres web sites
Request for Proposals
22 MARCH 2017
The Prequalification Team is publishing a request for proposals for consultancy services relating to - developing and maintaining the Quality Management Systems (QMS) and assuming the responsibility for on-going system maintenance and effectiveness of operations within the Prequalification Team.
The services required by the World Health Organization (WHO) are more fully described in the below attached Terms of Reference and Request for Proposals.
Proposals should be submitted to WHO in writing no later than 5 April 2017 at 17:00 hours Geneva time ("the closing date"), by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHO list of prequalified in vitro diagnostic products
- Status of active applications to the prequalification of in vitro diagnostics
- Complaints and Product Alerts
- Streamlining of the Prequalification of Diagnostics
- WHO Prequalification of Male Circumcision Devices
- Procurement of in vitro diagnostics
- HIV incidence assay working group
- Information resources
- First WHO prequalified hepatitis C rapid test opens the door to expanded treatment
- Two cutting-edge technologies for HIV detection in infants receive WHO prequalification
- New! Alternative performance evaluation mechanism
- New! Sample product dossier for public comment
- New! Guidance for manufacturers for public comment
New! Change of WHO recommendations on malaria RDT procurement
G6PD Prequalification: Public Announcement to Stakeholders
Guidance for post-market surveillance