What has been done since 2004?
WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific (WPRO)
Diet, physical activity and noncommunicable diseases are priorities in each WHO region. Below are links to programmes, tools and publications in the WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific that address these issues.
Noncommunicable diseases programme
- Publications on noncommunicable diseases
- WHO unveils Physical Activity Guidelines for the Pacific Region
- Pacific physical activity guidelines for adults : framework for accelerating the communication of physical activity guidelines
- Publications on nutrition
- Workshop on national plans of action for nutrition: key elements for success, constraints and future plans - Malaysia 1999 [pdf 191KB]
- Development of food-based dietary guidelines for the Western Pacific [pdf 719KB]
- Ministerial roundtable on diet, physical activity and health - Japan 2002 [pdf 57KB]
- Diet, food supply and obesity in the Pacific [pdf 453KB]
- Using domestic law in the fight against obesity: a guide for Pacific countries [pdf 49KB]
- Workshop on obesity prevention and control strategies in the Pacific - Samoa 2002 [pdf 242KB]
- Obesity in the Pacific: too big to ignore [pdf 826KB]