Conditions of WHO Headquarters internships
- The duration of WHO internships is between a minimum of 6 weeks to a maximum of 12 weeks on a full-time basis. Exceptionally, internships may be extended up to 24 weeks to respond to special academic requirements or particular needs of the receiving programme.
- WHO internships are not paid. Travel costs, travel arrangements (including visas), and living accommodations are the responsibility of the intern or their sponsoring institution.
- WHO does not sign any agreements, proposed or required by a sponsor, university or equivalent institution.
- Persons related to a WHO staff member, i.e., son/daughter, brother/sister are not eligible for an internship.
- Interns must possess a passport of a WHO Member State.
- WHO Interns must have adequate medical insurance coverage during the entire period of the internships. For Geneva-based internships, this medical coverage must include Switzerland.
- Interns may participate only once in the WHO Internship Programme.
- Interns do not have the status of WHO staff members and shall not represent the Organization in any official capacity.
- WHO Interns are not eligible for appointment to any position within WHO for a period of three months following the end of their internship. Any employment with WHO at that point in time shall be subject to established recruitment and selection procedures.
Internships in the WHO Regional Offices and Centres
If you are interested in applying for an internship in one of our regional or country offices where a limited number of internships may be available, these vacancies are posted at the general WHO Employment Vacancies page. If you have further inquiries about internships in the regional or country offices during periods where there are no advertised vacancies, please contact them at the following email addresses:
- WHO Regional Office for Africa: email@example.com
- WHO Regional Office for the Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHO Regional Office for Europe: email@example.com
- WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHO Regional Office for South-East Asia: email@example.com
- WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific: firstname.lastname@example.org