FAO/WHO expert consultations on genetically modified foods
FAO and WHO have embarked on an initiative to organize a series of scientific expert consultations to provide scientific and technical advice to their Member States. The scientific advice derived from the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Consultations can be used by the Member States of FAO and WHO directly. It also serves as the scientific foundation for the work of the Codex Alimentarius Commission in their deliberation on risk analysis principles and safety assessment guidelines for foods derived from biotechnology.
- Safety assessment of foods derived from recombinant-DNA animals
- Safety assessment of foods derived from genetically modified animals, including fish
- Safety assessment of foods derived from genetically modified microorganisms
- Allergenicity of genetically modified foods
- Safety aspects of genetically modified foods of plant origin