WHO and FAO initiated international risk assessment work on Vibrio in 2001. To date this work has resulted in three volumes in the Microbiological Risk Assessment Series. Further work on possible risk assessment tools for Vibrio parahaemolyticus and Vibrio vulnificus associated with seafood is ongoing.
Risk assessment documents
- Risk assessment of Vibrio parahaemolyticus in seafood, MRA Series 16
- Risk assessment of choleragenic Vibrio cholerae O1 and O139 in warm-water shrimp in international trade, MRA Series 9
- Risk assessment of Vibrio vulnificus in raw oysters, MRA Series 8
- Joint FAO/WHO Expert Meeting on Risk Assessment Tools for Vibrio parahaemolyticus and Vibrio vulnificus Associated with Seafoods, 13-17 September 2010
- Risk assessment of Campylobacter spp. in broiler chickens and Vibrio spp. in seafood, a joint FAO/WHO consultation, Bangkok, Thailand, 5-9 Aug 2002
- Hazard identification, exposure assessment and hazard characterization of Campylobacter spp. in broiler chickens and Vibrio spp. in seafood, a joint FAO/WHO expert consultation, Geneva, Switzerland, 23-27 July 2001