Capacity Building Tools
Uses of the WHO Gender Mainstreaming Manual
The Manual can be used to:
- Raise awareness among health stakeholders of the importance of addressing gender as a determinant of health.
- Strengthen national networks, individual and team capacities to conduct gender analysis and develop sound health sector responses.
- Assess, revise and/or develop health policies or programmes.
- Bring together regional or national gender, human rights and health actors to generate regional, national or sub-national dialogue to reduce gender-based health inequities.
- Garner political commitment for addressing gender in health sector activities and establish plans of action.