The Gender, Women and Health Network
A great asset for WHO's impact on the ground is the Gender, Women and Health Network (GWHN). It is composed of GWH and gender focal points and/or units located at Headquarters and in WHO's six Regional and Country Offices.
The technically diverse and highly committed Network collaborates with national and local authorities to reinforce the health sector response - often in partnership, through evidence and tools, training and technical assistance.
Every region and country faces different challenges and has a different approach to eliminating gender-based health inequities, adding to the diversity and effectiveness of the Network. You will find more information about the members' goals, objectives, activities and products below.
GWHN members and activities
- Regional Office for Africa (AFRO)
- Regional Office for the Americas/Pan American Health Organization (AMRO/PAHO)
- Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean (EMRO)
- Regional Office for Europe (EURO)
- Regional Office for South-East Asia (SEARO)
- Regional Office for the Western Pacific (WPRO)
- WHO Headquarters