The GCM/NCD is led by Member States and includes other stakeholders such as the United Nations and its other Specialized Agencies, nongovernmental organizations, academia, and eligible private sector entities and foundations, uniting them around a collaborative agenda to achieve global targets on NCDs to reduce premature mortality from NCDs and build healthier societies globally.
The GCM/NCD is involved in the process of implementing the WHO Framework of engagement with non-State actors (FENSA) and this has led to some necessary maintenance of our online pre-registration form for Participants of the GCM/NCD. If you would like to express an interest in becoming a Participant of the GCM/NCD please send an email to email@example.com with ‘Participate in the GCM/NCD’ in the Subject line and we will send you an email as soon as the system is operational again. Our new platform and screening system will be operational shortly after the Global Conference on NCDs, Montevideo, Uruguay from 18 to 20 October 2017.
There are currently more than 300 GCM/NCD participants. They are comprised of the following groups:
- All WHO Member States
- United Nations and its Specialized Agencies and other relevant intergovernmental organizations
- Nongovernmental organizations
- WHO Collaborating Centres
- Academic institutions
- Philanthropic foundations
- Eligible private sector entities and business associations
GCM/NCD participants take part in working groups, communities of practice, dialogues, webinars and other activities, and receive regular WHO GCM/NCD newsletters. WHO GCM/NCD participants meet face-to-face annually to coordinate activities, multistakeholder engagement and action across sectors (e.g. health, finance, transportation) at all levels; promote the WHO Global NCD Action Plan 2013–2020; and assess progress made so far.
- If you wish to participate in the WHO GCM/NCD please preregister here.
- WHO Global Coordination Mechanism on the Prevention and Control of NCDs: Public Notice