UNFCCC Bonn climate change talks
WHO planned activities at the upcoming UN Climate Change Conference in Bonn include two side events and two informal meetings of the Friends of Public Health.
- Wednesday, 15 June 13:15.14:45 - Room TRAM Health as a priority in a changing climate impacts and responses. Lessons from a seven-country pilot in Europe and Central Asia. Vulnerability assessment priorities and multi-sector national health adaptation strategies.
- Saturday, 11 June 13:15.14:45 - Room SOLAR Stakeholder meeting on social dimensions of climate change. The overall goal of the stakeholder meeting is to get negotiators and other stakeholders’ contributions and views on how to ensure that climate-related policies and measures consider the SDCC.
- Thursday, 9 June 18:00 -19.00 - Room TBC (I Friends of Public Health informal meeting)
- Tuesday, 14 June 13.15 -14.15 - Room TBC (II Friends of Public Health informal meeting)
The following meetings/events will be an opportunity to highlight the importance of health in the climate change debate:
- Tuesday, 7 June Informal groups -UNFCCC Event: Current knowledge, expertise and support to support the work programme on loss and damage under the Cancun Adaptation Framework
- Wednesday, 8 June Informal groups SBI workshop on observer organizations: Further development of ways to enhance the engagement of observer organizations and SBSTA Dialogue on developments in research activities relevant to the needs of the Convention
- Monday, 13 June Informal groups - Joint SB forum on the impact of the implementation of response measures