20 - 22 April 2010
Peoples’ World Conference on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth
An alternative “people’s conference” on climate change in the Bolivian city of Cochabamba in April will seek to advance an international global warming referendum.
The Peoples’ World Conference on Climate Change and Mother Earth Rights objectives are the following:
- Analyze the structural and systemic causes of climate change and propose substantive measures that facilitate the well-being of all mankind in harmony with nature.
- Discuss and agree the draft Universal Declaration of rights of Mother Earth.
- To agree on proposals for new commitments to the Kyoto Protocol and projects for a COP Decision under the United Nations Framework for Climate Change that will guide future actions in those countries that are engaged with life during climate change negotiation.
- Work on the organization of a people’s world referendum on climate change.
- Analyze and draw up a plan of action to advance the establishment of a Climate Justice Tribunal.
- Define strategies for action and mobilization in defense of life against climate change and for mother earth rights.
Thousands of people, mostly members of social movements and indigenous groups, are expected to attend the People’s World Conference on Climate Change and Mother Earth Rights on April 20-22.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]