Training Film: A tool to help convey the concept of the "5 moments for hand hygiene" to health-care workers
The "Training film" is a tool included in the WHO multimodal hand hygiene improvement strategy to help convey the concept of the "5 moments for hand hygiene" to health-care workers. It has been developed in order to:
- give visual examples of the 5 moments to health-care workers and observers
- train observers in the completion of the observation form
The film can be used in a single session (at least 2 hours) or in several sessions.
Scenarios 1 to 5:
- intended to be used to train both health-care workers and observers,
- each scenario is dedicated to one of the 5 moments (indications) for hand hygiene,
- some scenarios exist in different versions to highlight different aspects.
Scenarios 6 to 9:
- intended to be used mainly to train observers,
- should be used while completing the observation form,
- show examples of sequences of health care during which several indications for hand hygiene occur,
- missed hand hygiene actions are shown in some scenarios but a duplicate of each of them is provided showing 100% hand hygiene compliance.