Haiti earthquake updates on donations
Since the 7.0 earthquake struck Haiti on 12 January 2010, there has been an overwhelming expression of solidarity and willingness to support WHO/PAHO's and Health Cluster partners' emergency activities on the ground. Member States and other donors reacted generously and swiftly to support the response to the immediate needs. We would like to gratefully acknowledge the cash and in-kind contributions received:
- Italy: EUR 500 000 in cash as well as an in-kind contribution consisting of 5 trauma kits A and 5 trauma kits B, 4 Inter-Agency Emergency Health Kits and 4 Post-Exposure Prophylaxis kits.
- Central Emergency Response Fund: US$ 2 000 000
- Eisai Co. Ltd: US$ 100 000
- United States: US$ 5 000 000
- Canada: US$ 1 500 000
- Spain: US$ 4 033 189
- Monaco: US$ 144 000
- UK/DFID: US$485 000
- Japan: US$ 1,000,000
- Central Emergency Response Fund (second grant): US$ 1,500,000
Numerous countries also responded bilaterally to Haiti’s needs by providing search and rescue teams, medical equipment and personnel as well as essential life-saving supplies, including medicines, food and shelter.