Emergency and humanitarian action update June 2009
This e-bulletin provides a snapshot of the activities of WHO South-East Asia in Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Nepal.
Preparing for Emergencies
- The Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) country team conducted a simulation exercise of an earthquake scenario.
- The Health Cluster has updated its contingency plan for all hazards.
- Contingency plans for natural disasters are being prepared in five districts of the country: Siraha, Mahottari, Nawalparasi, Jumla and Bajura.
- The Health Cluster if putting together www (who what where) and logistics tracking sheets to see what supplies are there.
- A list of all trainings conducted is being compiled, in order to produce a roster for human resources and organize them for future response operations.
- Trainings are being conducted for hospital preparedness in emergencies and rapid response, in Kaski and Nuwakot respectively. The District Public Health Office (DPHO) and District Health Office (DHO) staff was trained on how to work as Rapid Response Teams.
- WHO guidelines for Dead Body Management are being revised so they are adapted to the Nepal context.