The health sector receives the most CERF funding for first half of 2010
In the first half of 2010, the health sector received US$ 43.45 million from the CERF, or 17.7% of all CERF funds. Of these, US$ 31.4 million (70%) were received by WHO. Over the following three months (July to September), WHO has received an additional US$ 10 508 860 million from the CERF (39% for under-funded emergencies, 61% for rapid response). Almost 26% (US$ 2.73 million) were dedicated to the Pakistan Initial Floods Emergency Response Plan (PIFERP), but the remaining 74% were distributed among Cameroon, Chad, Djibouti, DPRK, DRC, Eritrea, Mauritania, Nepal, Nigeria, Sudan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Yemen.
The graph below summarizes funds received from the CERF (under-funded emergencies and rapid response) per country from January to September 2010.