Funds channelled through HAC from January to December 2010
During the period 1 January to 10 December 2010, WHO/HAC received approximately US$ 170.7 million* from 30 donors – countries as well as private donors and pooled funds – to respond to 48 humanitarian crises in all six WHO regions.
The graph below illustrates the funds received between 1 January and 10 December 2010 by donor.
The US$ 170.7 million have been disbursed as follow:
- Pakistan: US$ 53.5 million
- Haiti: US$ 19.9 million
- Democratic people’s Republic of Korea: US$ 15.5 million
- Iraq and neighbouring countries: US$ 12.9 million
- Sudan: US$ 12.4 million
- 24 crises received funds ranging between US$ 47 500 and US$ 817 000 and another 18 funds ranging between US$ 1 million and US$ 4.7 million.
- Funding was also provided for WHO/HAC’s operational costs.
The graph below breaks down the various funds received by countries according to categories.
* This figure only compiles funds received through headquarters as of 10 December. Further funding support has however been provided directly though the regional offices and country offices. More accurate figures will be provided during the first quarter of 2011 when the books have been closed.