Funds received in HAC from January to October 2010
During the period January to October 2010, WHO/HAC received close to US$ 141 million* from 33 donors – countries as well as private donors and pooled funds – to respond to 45 humanitarian crises in all six WHO regions.
- AFRO: Cameroon, Cape Verde, CAR, Chad, Djibouti, DRC, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the Republic of the Congo , Senegal, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
- AMRO: Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Guatemala and Haiti.
- EMRO: Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq (& neighbouring countries), Pakistan, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen.
- EURO: Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- SEARO: the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
- WPRO: China, Mongolia and the Philippines.
Additional funding was also provided for the West African region as a whole, the occupied Palestinian territory and WHO/HAC’s functioning.
The graph below shows funds received between 1 January and 24 October 2010 by donors.
* This figure only compiles funds received through headquarters. More have been received directly though the regional offices and country offices.