Seeking Expression of Interest (EoI) for a joint evaluation of the ECHO funded project 'Strengthening health sector performance in acute emergencies'
The World Health Organization’s department for Emergency Risk Management and Humanitarian Response (ERM) and the NGO consortium (International Medical Corps and Safe the Children UK) are looking for two consultants to lead a joint evaluation team that includes people from WHO and the two NGOs.
The purpose of the evaluation is to document and learn lessons from the development of surge capacity, and how this capacity was deployed to support the health cluster and WHO as Cluster Lead Agency in response to L3/G3 emergencies, to strengthen overall health sector performance. For more details, see attached Terms of Reference.
While we prefer Expression of Inerest for the two consultants as a team, we will also consider individual Expression of Interest. In the Expression of Interest, please provide concise information on:
- Your expertise in doing similar types of health sector evaluations in complex large scale humanitarian responses
- Your knowledge of the recent developments in the humanitarian reform, in particular the Transformative Agenda, its protocols and key reference modules
- Your knowledge of the health cluster and WHO’s lead agency roles in emergencies.
- Language skills as indicated in the Terms of Reference
- Your ability to do this within the next three to four months.
- A tentative plan for organising this evaluation.
- Your proposed budget (costs for the participation of the WHO and NGO team members will be covered by the respective organisations)
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- If you are an individual consultant, please indicate your ability and experience to be the overall lead evaluator
Please submit your EoI before August 25 by email to Andre Griekspoor (email@example.com), with in the subject heading: EoI for the joint evaluation of the ECHO funded surge project. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact Andre Griekspoor.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive we are only able to contact shortlisted applicants. Thank you for your understanding.