Administration and Finance Officer in …..
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Under the supervision of the WHO Country Representative in --------, and in close coordination with the Departments of Emergency and Humanitarian Action in WHO/RO/-----and in WHO/HQ, the incumbent will provides management, administrative and financial guidance as well as ensure general co-ordination and supervision of the planning, preparation, monitoring, review, clearance, and control of administration and financial operations.
- Provide advice and guidance on requirements to be met for programme planning and budget formulation including staffing, oversee the preparation of submissions and annual work plans.
- Review and oversee the preparation of budgetary and implementation reports.
- Bring significant issues arising from budget analysis and trend forecasting to the attention of senior management.
- Provide policy and technical advice regarding the application of the WHO manual and management procedures.
- Maintain liaison with other international agencies engaged in Emergency Humanitarian Action especially the United Nations and International Non Governmental Organizations, on administration and financial matters.
- Ensure the preparation of management and administrative documents as required.
- Coordinate input to medium-term planning and budgeting documents. Coordinate the monitoring and reporting on programme implementation / budget status. Ensure a reasonable historical record of the inputs and outputs achieved in each annual period.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to staff involved in all phases of the work.
- Perform other duties as required.
2. Indicate the minimum qualifications, special training (including language skills) and length and type of experience required for this position.
University degree in commerce and/or business administration or accounting. Qualification/experience in accounting and finance an asset. At least five years experience in a similar position.
3. List any other requirements.
Excellent knowledge of English, working knowledge of French. Good computer skills. Knowledge of the AMS/AFI an asset.