Public Health Pre-Deployment Course (PHPD)
PHPD7 at the WHO Mediterranean Centre for Health Risk Reduction (WMC) in Hammamet, Tunisia
26 September - 7 October 2011
Applicants who match the profile and requirements are encouraged to apply and submit their documents to: email@example.com. In the subject line of the e-mail, please refer to “PHPD7” and state your full name.
How to apply
All applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A WHO Personal History Form (PHF). This can be completed on-line and will be automatically registered. The form can be downloaded from the following WHO e-recruitment site: WHO Employment website.
- A motivation letter (200 words max) with a justification on why the applicant thinks that she/he should be selected for this course. Applicants should state their acceptance and commitment to be rapidly deployed by WHO in an emergency or crisis situation at short notice. When preparing your letter, check on the minimum requirements.
- A written agreement “in principle” from the employer / supervisor to release the applicant from their regular duties in order to be deployed in a Public Health emergency within 24 to 48 hours of a request for a maximal duration of up to three months.
- WHO staff needs to have a contract valid for at least 6 months after the learning activity.
Please make sure that your expertise matches the required profiles and requirements prior to submission of your application.
Interested parties who have applied in the past are encouraged to resubmit their applications.
Once selected for the course, applicants will be requested to submit the following:
- Medical clearance certificate - an electronic copy of the form will be provided;
- Certificate of the basic and advanced security in the field (BSITF and ASITF) online training - a link and password for this training will be provided;
- Copy of national passport, including expiry date of the passport;
- A first aid course is part of the course curriculum. If your First Aid Certificate is less than two years old, send us a copy; you will not be requested to repeat the course.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, July 1st, 2011; selected candidates will be notified shortly therefore.
NB. In case of any special requirements e.g. allergies, food requirements etc. kindly indicate them in your letter.
For questions and additional information on the Course, please address them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.