Participant requirements and Cost of the course
The course is open to all interested and motivated candidates who have the minimum entry criteria listed below. We encourage professionals from outside WHO to apply as diversity in terms of experience is a key concern for this course.
The minimum entry criteria are as follows:
- An advanced degree in medicine, public health, social sciences or related disciplines;
- At least 3 years of experience in emergencies;
- Willing to be deployed as part of a public health team for up to one month;
- Fit and in good health for field deployment under difficult circumstances;
- Able to complete 15 to 20 hours of pre-course assignments;
- Submit proof of having completed UNSECCORD/UNDSS security training CD-ROM;
- Language proficiency (currently all courses will require English but future courses will be offered bilingually (English/Russian and English/French)
Cost of the course
All participants or their sponsoring agency must cover food, accommodation and travel expenses. A limited number of partial and full scholarships are available for the course fees but requests must be made at the time of application.
Course fees: USD 3,500.
Food & accommodation: USD 1,500.