Estimates for 2000–2013
CHILD CAUSES OF DEATH
Cause-specific mortality estimates for major causes of child death for 2000–2013 are available for download below (released September 2014).
A summary of the data sources and methods is available from the links below, together with a file containing input data sources and open access statistical code as programmed in Stata for reproducing these estimates.
These estimates are a minor update to the comprehensive child causes of death update for 2000-2012 published in May 2014. These estimates for 2000–2013 use the same methodology, but include more recent all-cause mortality estimates for UN-IGME and extend estimates to 2013. Due to changes in inputs or methods across estimation rounds, these estimates are not comparable to previously-released WHO estimates.
- WHO-CHERG methods and data sources for child causes of death 2000–2013
- WHO-CHERG methods and data sources for child causes of death 2000–2013: open access code
- Global Health Observatory: causes of child mortality
- Child causes of death 2000–2012 (published in May 2014)
Lancet journal article
- Liu et al. Global, regional, and national causes of child mortality in 2000–13, with projections to inform post-2015 priorities: an updated systematic analysis. Lancet 2014. S0140-6736(14)61698-6