National and community programmes
- To co-operate with Member States in strengthening their capacity, policies, financial support and evidence for health promotion with emphasis on sound evidence-based strategies and approached, and well planned implementation and evaluation.
- To promote policies and actions that deal with the broad determinants of health.
- Enhancement of capability to develop and implement multisectoral HP actions for all population groups, particularly, the disadvantaged people. To provide countries with input to identify and expand expertise, information base and funding for HP actions.
- Impact of policy, environment and behavioural changes on the determinants of health addressed. To support countries to reduce risks to peoples health and to promote policies and actions that deal with the broad determinants of health.
- To provide direction and leadership in health promotion in accordance with WHO's global mandate. To respond to global challenges and trends that directly and indirectly affect health and well-being and to reaffirm and regain momentum to strengthen primary health care systems and achieve health for all.