The 8th Global Conference on Health Promotion
Place: Helsinki, Finland Date: 10–14 June 2013
This conference was co-hosted by WHO and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland. The main theme of the conference was “Health in All Policies” (HiAP) and its focus was on implementation, the “how-to”. It was structured around six themes.
The conference aims to:
- facilitate the exchange of experiences and lessons learnt and give guidance on effective mechanisms for promoting intersectoral action;
- review approaches to address barriers and build capacity for implementing Health in All Policies;
- identify opportunities to implement the recommendations of the Commission on Social Determinants of Health through Health in All Policies;
- establish and review economic, developmental and social case for investing in HiAP;
- address the contribution of health promotion in the renewal and reform of primary health care; and
- review progress, impact and achievements of health promotion since the Ottawa Conference.